Saturday, August 05, 2006

Archu

Ok now that friendship day is here, as promised to Archu this is a post dedicated to her.

I have known her for 10-15 yrs now (wow! Gives me goose bumps!!!). I met Archana if I remember right in 7th std. She was this tall, thin bespectacled girl from some town unknown to me that time. Shilpa was the tallest in class till Archu’s entry – so we all sat in the last bench. Even though she was quiet in class, she gelled well with us and very soon became part of “gang of girls”. S and A had a great time bullying me. I actually enjoyed all that, it was more like I was always getting their attention. We all traveled in the same bus, had common interests and most of all loved to laugh our heads off.

It was actually 8th std when our friendship and fun was in full form. Archu was always good in studies, though will not call her studious like Subha. Her language skills were good even when she was in school and used to write great essays. I remember our English teacher calling her out specifically to read out her stories/essays aloud in class.

We were together in the same section till 10th std and then parted in different streams to pursue our interests.

One striking thing about our friendship is even though we meet once in a year, she can carry out a conversation with such ease and comfort. We met recently almost after a year in S’s wedding and perfectly tuned in.

Ok now that I have written such a nice post ;-) , will pass this on as a tag to S, A and others who have managed to get an invite to this blog. You should write about some other person in the gang or u can choose to write about all of them.


P.S. archu, did I make up for the goof up?

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger Archana said...

Thank you, thank you :-D - I am overwhelmed *sniff*. You made up for the goof-up real nice and good, thanks pal :-)!

One slight reminder though - I came to 7th from Calcutta - not a kutti ooru. And I am kinda sure you knew where Calcutta was in seventh standard ;-)!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Prasanna said...

hee hee! I thought you came from Karur...but I guess you went to Karur from Chennai...

 
At 1:02 AM , Blogger Shilpa said...

Nice post Prasanna !

Now who's going to write abt meeeeeeeeee :D :D

and by the way...all of us were ' shuffled' often and so 8th std was the last time the full gang was together...

karur...calcutta goof up....sounds just like prasanna LOL

 
At 1:03 AM , Blogger Shilpa said...

BTW Subha madam....if u r reading the blog...time for u to comment or write something !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home