Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"Eeki - kiki "....its origin ?

Well, I have been thinking about how the name came up and as far as I can recollect, it was sometime in 8th std ( could have been in 7th std too...don't remember). Anyway, coming back to the story, we were in a phase of drawing cartoons and comics. I came up with a drawing of a funny looking duck ( I think it was a duck) which wore shoes. I have no clue as to how I came up with the name called " eeki -kiki" for the duck ! Anyway, I did and the name was so funny that it stuck. It became our "code" . I think we used to have a special laugh which sounded like "eeki- kiki". Whenever, we used to laugh or make fun of each other, there was always special consideration for the codeword laugh. Any document that was created by us always bore a signature by the duck. ROFL.

The tradition continued in all correspondence between the members of the gang. When Archu moved to Karur in 9th std, all the letters always had the word " eeki-kiki" at the back of the envelope. This tradition continued for many years ( even when we're in Engg).

Can anyone else throw some light on this issue ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home